From the SoCap08 FAQ:
SoCap08 will be a convening of anyone who cares about doing well and doing good. If you are concerned about the impact of your investments, there is no more important conference to attend this year. Everyone from socially-responsible venture capital funds to CEOs thinking about the future of finance will be in attendance. ...Among the discussions at SoCap08:
SoCap08 will be a broad platform to discover what is happening – and what will happen – at the convergence of private investment for public good. As investors and entrepreneurs realize that the current silos of public and private sectors are not adequate to solve the world’s most pressing problems, social capital will continue to take the forefront. SoCap08 will cover social capital, social entrepreneurship, clean and green technologies, hi-tech and microfinance.
Panel: Building a Business Plan
Panel: Building a Sustainable, Scalable Business
- Moderator: Betsy Densmore, Social Enterprise Institute
- Alan Gershenfeld, E-Line Ventures
- Lauri Alpern, ROI Ventures
- Paul Lamb, Man on a Mission Consulting
Panel: Clean and Green
- Moderator: KoAnn Skrzyniarz, Sustainable Life Media
- Lana Holmes, OM Direct
- Rob Lapides, Pico Bonito
- Joshua Levine, The Levine Social Investment Group, UBS
- Moderator: Mark Beam, Xigi
- Ron Puryear, Halloran
- Kurt Hoffman, Former Director of Shell Foundation
- Niki Armacost, Arc Finance
- Christine Eibs-Singer, E&Co.
The final day of SoCap08 is largely unformed as yet -- by plan. Organizers say that the Wednesday sessions will be led by moderators but given direction by conference participants based on what struck them as interesting and valuable in the first two days.
For more information about SoCap08 in San Francisco, visit the Social Capital Markets site.